Photographer, Cinematographer & Architect
Born in Dhaka in 1948.
Resident of France since 1997.
Photographing since 1967.
Cinematographer since 1977.
AWARDS IN PHOTOGRAPHY
– Won about 60 international awards in photography since 1970.
– More than 100 international Salon acceptance in about 25 countries since 1974.
AWARDS IN CINEMATOGRAPHY
– Won 15 Bangladesh national & cine journalists’ awards for film cinematography since 1979.
– Served as the director of cinematography for 15 feature films & about 30 documentaries since 1977 which won: Feature film awards include the Mahhheim ducat, 1995 & 1980; Dunkerque festival, 1995; George-&-Ruta-Sadoul, Paris, 1995; Karlovy Vary; Netherlands; Portugal; Korea; Hawaï; etc.
– Documentaries awards include Media Excellence award, Beijing, 1985; National award, Delhi, 1978; official selections at Ethnographic film festival, Paris, 1999, Calcutta,2011. etc.
– Directed, photographed & edited two documentary films in Bangladesh, 1986-1988
DISTINCTIONS, JURYS & SEMINARS
– Principal jury in numerous National Photo Contests in Bangladesh 2009-2011.
– The Sole Judge in the Commonwealth photography exhibition & film festival, Cyprus, 1980.
– Awarded Associateships of FIAP, Belgium, 1991; IIPC, Delhi, 1991 & RPS, UK, 1989.
– Served as a jury member in the CROUS French National Photo Contest, 1999 & 1997; 18th international festival of Village Films, Saint-Flour, France, 1996.
– Photography in the Third World, speech at 20th FIAP congress, Brussels, August 1989; VPI & SU, Virginia, USA, September 1989; IIPC conference, Calcutta, 1991.
– Principal speaker in the Images seminar, Commonwealth institute, London, March 1987.
– Vice-president of Bangladesh federation of film societies, 1989-1993; Secretary general of Bangladesh federation of photography, 1987-1993;
– Stringer photographer for Camera press ltd. of England 1981-1993.
– Collections include Musée européen de la photographie, Paris,1993; Library of Congress,US,89 ;Shilpakala Academy & the National Museum of Bangladesh, 1978 & 1972.